Urban Decay Naked Palette

27 June 2013


Someone is waaay behind on the Naked Palette rave. I feel like these Naked Palettes are the official beauty blogger's eye shadows. Every beauty vlogger that I look up to has if not all at least one of the Naked palettes released. I am so so happy that I finally get the chance to own one and  play with it everyday.

First, allow me share the cute little story on how I got this palette. A week ago my boyfriend was in Singapore, during his stay there, he bravely went inside Sephora alone to buy a gift for me. He got so intimidated by the amount of cosmetics in Sephora (hahaha).  He called and asked me to pick my gift. I wishfully replied, "Naked Palette". He bought it and I felt like the luckiest girlfriend alive.

" You can look great NAKED! This long, lean, seductive case is packed with TWELVE gorgeous neutrals. Shades range from delicate champagnes to dark, gritty gunmetal, with names like Darkhorse, Virgin and Buck. We've also included a range of textures: everything from glitter to shimmer to matte.The chocolaty velvet case is emblazoned with the word 'NAKED' in gold foil lettering. (Just wait 'til your friends see you pull this sexy thing out of your bag. Jealous!) The mirrored case also includes a professional quality, cruelty-free Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush, AND a travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion in original formula. This is a shadow palette EVERYONE can use, and a truly spectacular gift. Experiment with office-appropriate neutrals, summertime bronzy looks, or sultry smokiness. With such a diversity of neutral shades at your fingertips, there's more to neutral than meets the eye. "  - Urban Decay



The Naked palette comes in twelve perfect neutral eye shadows, that you would usually look for everyday. It is extremely wearable, each color is very useful and highly pigmented (although some colors are more pigmented than the others), and it seems like almost every color that I really need is in this box. The texture of the shadows are very soft and they are extremely fragile. I have a light hand when using eye shadows, and these creates tiny flakes on it when I try to get a swipe of color. So you really need to be careful with it, especially since the packaging is in velvet and can accumulate powder really fast. I don't like this quality but the colors are really beautiful when applied.


It came with a travel size primer potion, which works well with the eye shadows. I honestly have not worn the eye shadows with out it, so I couldn't compare the difference if it didn't have the primer on. But I find that with the primer, it lasts almost an entire day on me, it does not smudge at all, and doesn't have fall outs, which I am actually surprised with, because I've heard that the shimmer eye shadows have fall outs. It also includes the their Karma eye shadow brush for application. I wished it was a dual end brush with a blending brush though, like the ones they have on the Naked 2 Palette.


Naked Swatches

The first half of the palette has the lighter neutrals. On this side I use Virgin to highlight my eyes, especially my tear duct area. Sin, Sidecar, and Half Baked can also be used for the same purpose but I find that I reach out for virgin more often for highlighting, and the other three beautiful colors for base. Naked and Buck are two nice matte neutrals perfect for a matte natural look. Buck is a good color for contour.


Naked Swatches

The other half of the Palette has the darker neutral eye shadows. I use this side when I want a more sultry smokey look, or when I need these color to contour my eyes. I pair them up with their lighter versions I mentioned earlier. My favorite shade on this side would have to be Toasted, because it's rosy and very girly. I haven't really used Creep and Gunmetal yet. I've only had this palette for around one week only, and those two colors are something I would use only for a night out.


Urban Decay Naked Palette
Cost : around PHP2800.00 each depending on your retailer
I'd give more stars if I could, but it will ruin my mini scoring scale. This product is definitely worth the hype. It's a palette for everyday use and for everyone. The colors are beautiful, pigmented, and the quality is good as well. You just need to be extra careful when using it because it is super soft. I highly recommend this product to every girl that uses and loves make up.





Urban Decay
Unfortunately, it's not really available in the Philippines but there are trusted online stores that import this product. You just have to be careful on making sure it's original. :)
logo taken from their website