First Impression : Sleek Blush in Flamingo

24 August 2013


One of my favorite things about our blogging community is discovering new brands from other fellow beauty bloggers. When I posted my rave on Nars Orgasm Blush, a lot of you suggested I try the brand Sleek. A few days after, I decided to purchase one item from them and it immediately became one of my favorite drugstore blushes of all time. I liked it so much that I even purchased another blush set from them which I am very excited to share with you next month :)

"Highly pigmented blushers to brighten and define cheekbones, available in 10 shades. These silky-fine and long lasting blushers create a subtle and radiant glow and suit all skin tones. - Sleek"

PACKAGING. The first thing that i liked about this brand is the packaging of their blushes. It is indeed very sleek. It's a simple black sturdy compact, which I love. It's easy to carry around with you. It does not include a mini brush, which doesn't bother me at all because I always use a different brush when applying blush. But for those of you who do not have brushes this is something that you might want to look into. In any case, you can use your fingers to apply this product. It will be harder to blend but it can work.


COLOR. The color on the pan, I must say, is quite intimidating and can be harder to work with at first. It's a beautiful bright flamingo pink. I thought this was going to be matte but it appears to be satin on me. It's very pigmented that you only need to a bit of it to see the color on your cheeks. This also means that one pan will last for a long time. What I really like about this blush is you can build up the color. You can opt for a noticeable bright pink or blend it into a more subtle pink. It can be a challenge to blend this, but in time you will get the hang of it.


LONGEVITY. This is probably the reason why these blushes became popular. This blush lasted on my cheeks for a long time like my other high-end blushes. I can leave the house in the afternoon with this blush applied on my cheeks and when I come home at night it'll still be there. It will fade in time but the color is still noticeable even after seven hours on me.

Sleek Blush in Flamingo Swatch : Slightly Blended
PRICE. Their single blushes are only PHP450.00 for each pan. It will last for a long time. I personally think that it is worth more than what you are paying for because of its good quality.

Shayne Naidas
Sleek Blush in Flamingo
Price is PHP450.00
It is one of the best drugstore blushes out there. It is like what they claim it to be, highly pigmented and it lasts for a very long time. I recommend that you try it. Although, I am not sure if Flamingo is a color that every girl will like because its a strong color. If you want to look into it I suggest you try a swatch first. But they do have a lot of other beautiful colors to choose from. Because of its inexpensiveness and good quality, I can see these blushes being favorable to girls who are just starting their make up kits and for those who love to collect different blush colors.




Philippine branches : The Ramp Crosssing Department Stores, Digital Traincase, Beauty Corner PH (online shop) 
Sleek logo from their website