Skincare Talk • Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream

11 March 2014


My under eye area is the biggest skincare concern of my life. I have dark circles, some dry stress lines, and puffy eye bags. I think my body clock thinks we live in Europe. For some reason, every month, my sleep cycle switches and I sleep at around 4AM in the morning.

I'm still trying to fix that, but for the meantime I don't mind spending more on an eye cream for extra skincare help. I got Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye, which claims to do three major things reduce puffiness, darkness, and appearance of fine lines. Sounds promising.


immediate results...

The cream has a light lavender scent and a really comfortable cooling ala menthol effect. The packaging gives you more control of the product, which I like because a little of this goes a looong way. The morning after I use this at bedtime my under eye area is really moisturized, slightly less darker, and less puffy. Nothing monumental but I noticed the difference. Although I must say, I could get the same results from other not-so-pricey products. Maybe there's something more to this cream?

...but fleeting

So I kept using it for days... weeks... then a month... two... then three... hoping these changes would improve, but nope. I'm afraid it has reached its limit and it lasts for only around 3 to 4 hours after I wake up. On days I skip this cream, my problems just went back to being unresolved. Except for one thing though, my under eye area appears and feels smoother. I wouldn't say it reduced my major stress lines but it did smoothen out some signs of dryness.



I honestly feel like I wasted money on this unfortunately. Even if technically it does all the 3 things it claims to do —  it was too temporary. And only one of them seems to last. I guess I expected more for its price (PHP2250.00 / USD50). I won't be repurchasing this and I cannot recommend it to you.

That being said, I just placed an order on their Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate Serum LOLI can't help it... weak Shayne is weak. The bottle is too fancy and my fave beauty girls love this. We shall see in a month or so how this will work out for me. It could be Kiehl's chance to redeem itself OR our chance to whack me on the head for not learning my lesson! 

What under eye creams have you tried? :)