Makeup Swap With Miss Citron Guavaberry

24 February 2015


Guys meet Vanessa of Citron and Guavaberry — a.k.a. miss congeniality, creative photographer of the year, and the funniest #bblogger ever. Seriously tho, if beauty bloggers had Grammys she'd win an award. She's one of the first bloggers I've grown to be friends with here, and her blog is something you wouldn't want to miss out on. So if you haven't yet, hop on over to C&G after I show you some of the makeup goodies she sent me last year.



THE BALM HIGHLIGHTER MARY LOU MANIZER

Okay this champagne-colored highlighter might as well be made of butter cause it's sooo soft you guys. The color is also really beautiful. If it was just a tad bit less shinier it would've been the perfect "barely there" highlighter. But having said, that I still love it. Give it a swatch next time you see it at the counter, you won't regret it.

MILANI BLUSH LUMINOSO 

Vanessa raved about this blush so many times in her blog and naturally I got curious. I thought, if the blush queen (that's what some of us nicknamed her, she prolly has around 50+ blushes by now) then it must be amazing. Peachy orange-y blushes don't usually look pretty on me but this one does and I feel like it would look good on most skin tones. For a drugstore blush this one feels and looks a lot more expensive than it is.

NARS AUDACIOUS LIPSTICK CHARLOTTE

Okay, the Nars audacious lipstick hype is real. Among all the lipstick lines that I've tried, this is hands down one of the best. It feels amazingly light on the lips and yet it's super pigmented. Charlotte is also such a beautiful red berry shade. On my lips it seems like it's a mixture of MAC Viva Glam (dark red) and MAC Craving (berry toned).



ILLAMASQUA BLUSH HUSSY

I finally got to try Illamasqua woohoo! We don't have it in my country so I am very grateful that she sent me two of their blushes. Hussy is a beautiful finely milled everyday pink color blush. It has just the right amount of pigmentation and it's texture is really soft for a powder blush.

ILLAMASQUA BLUSH SOPHIE

Last but definitely not the least is the Illamasqua blush Sophie, which I begged Vanessa to send me cause I found it very attractive on pictures. It's a thousand times (excitement level is too high here) prettier in person though! It's a golden peachy pink blush with micro shimmers in it that makes my cheeks glowy. It is also one of the few blushes that beats my all time fave Nars Orgasm in my book.




Visit Citron Guavaberry to see what I got her :)
PS. Sorry for the delay and thanks so much for everything V!

We had quite an experience with this swap because we thought the first package she sent was lost (it was delayed for more or less four months I think), so she kindly sent another one, but it turns out the first box wasn't lost, plus there was trouble with the customs taxing the gifts... aaahh. In the end though we were able to sort things out, I'm just grateful that she was very patient with everything.