Bronze Smokey Eyes & Bold Lashes

20 June 2015


I'm a little embarassed to admit this to you cause I know how eyebrow raising they can be, but I cant help it... Guys I secretly like watching the Kardashian show. I want to say it's only because of the Kardashian / Jenner makeup and fashion pegs — but that was only true at the beginning. And now I'm pretty much invested on what's going on with Kendall, who by the way is rarely on the show lately (please send help).

One thing these girls all have in common, and what stands out in their makeup look is that all their lashes are so thick and long that their eyes look like their smizing (smiling with the eyez  also known as "Tyra Bank's secret to a stunning photo") all the time. I mean have you guys seen Kim cry? Aside from her botox, her eyes remain smiling no matter what emotion she's having! Okay maybe her smizing is exagerated, but I'd still love to get that uplifted smiling with the eyez effect on me for a makeup look.



Heres my attempt to copy their smokey eyes plus really bold lashes combo. It isn't very spot on but I gotta say I quite like the semi-sultry effect. I sticked with the goldish bronze eyeshadows from my Naked palette, mixed it with MAC Sable and Swiss Chocolate to warm up the colors, and smoked out the gel pencil liner from Happy Skin.

Then I topped it off with three coats of Maybelline Hypercurl Mascara to make them eyelashes pop. Its a shame I forgot to take a before-and-after photo of my lashes with and without the mascara. You'd see the big difference on how my eyes appear lifted up and how complete the makeup look is. I'll make sure to show more of these pics to you next week on it's full review. Meanwhile, the next time you're in the beauty aisle test Hypercurl out on the counter cause Maybelline is relaunching this mascara with a lower price of P199 :)



*In collaboration with Maybelline