Red ♥

13 September 2013


The color red was something I never dreamed of wearing on my lips. I thought this color was only meant for bold and confident women. Traits I don't always find in me. Besides I was never really proud of my lips. I was actually quite ashamed of them. As a teenager, I learned a lot of strange misconceptions on what is "beautiful". It made me awfully insecure about certain parts of my body. But as I surrounded myself with confident women who expressed their own beauty in different ways (especially here in the blogging community), it encouraged me to do the same :)



I pushed myself into trying things I would usually run away from. Two of which are to wear this bold make up look and to post a picture of myself wherein I am not smiling haha. I usually dislike pictures of myself wherein I don't smile. Surprisingly, I am now quite pleased with both. I never expected I'd like this color on me nor would I feel comfortable wearing it. It seems that after conquering those misconceptions that have been whispering in my ears for many years I gained a little bit of "red" - confidence and boldness. I guess what I am trying to impart to you here is, if any of you feel the same way with certain things about yourself I encourage you to confront and conquer those mindsets :)

Make up : Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick Gabrielle, Lancome Liquid Foundation, Chanel Natural Pressed Powder, Urban Decay Naked Palette, Mac Mineralized Blush, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, ELF All Over Color Stick Golden Peach, Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer, Maybelline The Magnum Volume Express Mascara, K-Palette Liquid Eye Liner.
Just in case you are wondering, the red lipstick that I wore in these photos is Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in Gabrielle, which was a gift from Shari (The Misty Mom) and Mari (Beloved 7 Shop). Review on the lipstick will be up soon! :) Take care!