DIY Starbucks Christmas Ornament

11 November 2013

DIY Starbucks Christmas Ornament Decor -
I have once again disappeared and messed up my regular blogging schedule. I've  also disturbed my sleeping schedule, so here I am crafting at 5am in the morning like a lunatic. Before I get into that, let me share with you my newly found addiction. A few days ago I crossed out an item off of my Christmas wishlist. I am now a happy and clingy owner of an iPad Mini :) Yay. I immediately became obsessed with it, resulting to me not doing anything else productive, hence the distrupt on my everyday agenda. Now that I am back here, I have a lot of reading and catching up to do :)

I went to Starbucks a few days ago to check out their Christmas mugs and immediately got inspired by their decors and Christmas items. I decided to create my own version of a Starbucks Christmas Ornament using their red cups. It is very easy to make, more importantly, it is inexpensive because it includes recycling. If you love drinking Starbucks coffee, you will probably enjoy this post even more. Here's what I came up with today. I hope you like it!

DIY Starbucks Christmas Ornament Decor
1. You are going to need one clean Starbucks Christmas drinking cup. A little tip : you can ask the Starbucks barista to not write any name on the cup when you order, or write a name, or perhaps a short funny quote on it. Take the cup home and recycle it by cleaning the cup with dish soap and water.

DIY Starbucks Christmas Ornament Decor
2. Create a loop using a red ribbon and a glue gun and attach it inside the cup as seen in the picture above.

DIY Starbucks Christmas Ornament Decor
3. Fill the cup with cotton. You can secure the cotton by also adding glue inside the cup.

DIY Starbucks Christmas Ornament Decor candy cane
4. Add some more Christmas decoration. Here, I used a candy cane from SM department store. You can also use a regular white paper straw and wrap a red ribbon around it to mimic the appearance of the candy cane.

DIY Starbucks Christmas Ornament Decor
5. Sprinkle glitters on top of the cup and you're done. You can also add some bows and other Christmas items on your cup to customize it a bit more. I was suppose to add some bells but I got lazy :)

Isn't it nice to have a couple of these decor on your Christmas tree with your family members name written on each cup? I know I say this a lot but if you make one please share some pics or links below. It makes me happy to see someone make something out of my posts here in my blog. Have a nice day ladies! :)