October Favorites ♥

14 November 2013

by Shayne Naidas - 
This post is quite late. I was going to skip writing about my October favorites for this month, but for some crazy reason my blog felt empty with out it. So friends, here are the items I have been loving last month. I was not able to purchase a lot of products then because I am saving up for the year end sales, most of my purchases were online and are yet to arrive, and most beauty products I bought this month didn't make my favorites list. So this is going to be a little bit fewer than usual, but I love every item posted and I hope you like them too :)

cute heart earrings
Ivory rose bracelet from Simple Joys - This bracelet set is absolutely adorable and I got them for only PHP250.00. If you decide to check them out, make sure you try each bracelets first because the little white beaded one is already too tight for me and I have very small wrist.
Cute little heart earrings from Simple Joys - Simple Joys is starting to become one of my go to place when I want to shop for inexpensive but really cute accessories. I have been obsessed with their heart shaped rhinestone earrings lately, they have a couple of it in different sizes.

kindle
Book : Don't Sweat The Small Stuff . . . and it's all small stuff : Simple ways to keep the little things from taking over your life by Richard Carlson - The author wrote a couple of these best selling books and if I am not mistaken this book specifically has quotes taken and compiled from all the other books. I enjoy reading inspiring books all the time because I gain a lot of things from it. This book has been very helpful for me and I've only read a couple of pages. It can act as your daily dose of wisdom and I think that it is also a very nice Christmas gift to give out this holiday. Here's a quick shot of a tiny part from its table of contents.

babyliss hair iron, denman brush, tresemme hair spray
Tresemme heat protection hairspray - I was a bit doubtful about this product when I bought it because I heard that there are a lot of heat protection sprays that do not do anything to your hair. I stand corrected. This product is amazing. I did some mini experiments to test it and found out that it cuts down my hair ironing time, it makes my hair smoother, and it is also a great frizz tamer spray even if you do not use an iron on your hair right after using it. I will probably write a separate review on this in the future because I have a lot of good things to say about it.
Denman hairbrush - mentioned on my post here.
Babyliss wet and dry hair iron - My hair's natural state is unforgivably frizzy. I use a hair iron every now and then to tame them. I usually do not have enough time to get my hair done so I wanted a hair iron that I could use even if my hair is still wet and will not damage my hair. It is made out of titanium ceramic, which helps prevent the heat from damaging your hair. It's a lot more expensive than a regular ceramic hair iron but worth investing on if you use hair irons often or if you just really want to be extra protective with your hair.

DIY halloween masquerade mask
Pom pom throw pillow - mentioned on my room haul here.
DIY Halloween mask - This is the masquerade mask I worked on last month for my Halloween costume :)

The Originals TV series
TV show : The Originals - Have you seen their first few episodes yet? I never thought I'd like a vampire show any more than I like Vampire Diaries or any show that has Ian Somerhalder in it. But so far, in my humble opinion this show has better a story line. And maybe it just me or because the show is new, but the characters are much more interesting. If you haven't seen it yet I suggest that you watch it. It airs every Saturday 9PM at ETC Channel Philippines.

Thanks for reading, I hope you are having a lovely day :)

Pictures that are not mine : The Originals