Most Loved Beauty Products Of 2013

8 January 2014


On the first day of 2014 I logged onto my regular bloglovin reads and guess what I saw? Millions of beauty bloggers listing their best product picks for 2013. It's like watching the Miss Universe Pageant, only instead of beautiful ladies, it's all about makeup and skincare products. It gives you a nice view of the Best of the Best, which is very useful information for all of us. And so I've decided to contribute, jump on the bandwagon, and play my own little role of sharing my own list with you.



DEWY BASE
If you want to know what makes my face appear glowy and radiant in some of my pictures here, these Olay Regenerist Moisturizers plus the Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation (the beige bottle that seems like it has gone to war) and Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer are some of the beauty products that contributes to that the most.

I've had a long and happy relationship with Olay. Their moisturizers are just very comfortable and hydrating to my skin. And I cannot stress enough how GLORIOUS this Lancome liquid foundation is. I've been buying from the same line for more or less five years now. Trust me on this, try it at the counter and it will give your face a dewy air brush finish that lasts all day, and for that I think it deserves more recognition in the world of makeup.I'm actually baffled as to why it isn't very popular.



BLUSHES & BRONZER
It's no surprise that Nars Orgasm Blush is on everyone's favorites list. It's color is absolutely attractive and it has just the perfect amount of glow you need to make people notice that you're blooming. My everyday contour bronzer is Benefit Hoola, it adds a nice warmth to my skin, and I've already hit pan on this. Sleek Blushes are my favorite drugstore brand discovery last year. Their blushes are like hidden treasures, its quality is even better than some high end blushes that I've used and tried.



EYES & LIPS
I must say, this year I've fallen head over heals in love over matte lipsticks. Mac Viva Glam I Lipstick was my first red lipstick ever. You can forgive the fact that it can be drying to the lips because it can give you the perfect and gorgeous old hollywood appeal. If Mac was drying, Burberry Pink Amber Lip Velvet Lipstick is its complete opposite. Very moisturizing on the lips. It is for me, the best matte lipstick consistency that I've tried. Urban Decay's Naked Palette practically made me ignore all my other eye shadows, and this K-palette 24hr Liquid Eye Liner, will always be the best liquid eye liner pen in my book.


Last year, I made it my goal to purchase the key beauty products that I know I will use down to the last drop. I feel like I've done a pretty good job carefully selecting each item. This year, or at least in the next few months, I am in a new mission of scouting for good skincare products. Any suggestions? :)